After Hours Care
If you are calling Student Health Services after our regular hours of operation, a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) will be available by phone to assist FIU students with any medical concern.
Whether you don’t feel well, need advice, are slightly injured or think it may be something serious, Registered Nurses are available to help you determine what type of care is best for your condition. After talking about your symptoms, a Registered Nurse may recommend:
- Self-care (applying heat or ice, taking over -the-counter medications, etc.).
- Making an appointment with your medical provider at SHS the next day.
- Going to Urgent Care.
- Going to the Emergency Department.
Student Health Services has partnered with Nurse Response© to ensure that we are there for you 24/7 to serve your medical needs. Give us a call and a medical professional will be waiting by to assist:
- MMC: 305-348-2401 (Option 2)
- BBC: 305-919-5620 (Option 2)